Thursday, November 17, 2011

Well, a lot has changed since my last post. My supplement experiement has gone down the drain- I couldn't tolerate anything! Back to Dr. Natasha's view on minimal supplements. I got thinking (not sure why I didn't think of this sooner) about what made me heal when I was doing best on GAPS. LOTS of good fats (tallow and ghee mainly), low starch/low ox veggies veggies (no pumpkin or peas but I think rutabaga will be ok since it doesn't kick up cravings/binges), eating 3x a day and not snacking, and moderate meat intake. Then I think back to this one day I had a few months ago where my eyes were so white and bright and my skin was clear, everyone was looking at me differently- like I was a different person! I was happy and cheerful too. I had just made a great batch of turnip kraut and was having some with every meal. I have no doubt that's what it was. I haven't had kraut in a long time.

I cannot tell if I am in better or worse condition than before the supplement experiment. I know I continued to dump without the supplements. It seems the supplements were stopping the dumping in a way and creating more oxidative stress. Anyway I am glad to say I am back at GAPS intro diet which is kind of like my 'safe house'. No supplements except for oils (vit E, CLO and fish oils) for a week, having meat broth and veggies every day. It is warm here atm so if I get the organic veggies on Saturday to make the kraut, it should be ready by next week.

Oh and the fluid retention is a TONNE better. Bloating not so much, but I'm not expecting that problem to go away any time soon. I have some chopped up kabocha from yesterday that I will have today but after that no pumpkin until I can do ghee confidently again. I won't be doing kabocha either I don't think, but butternut squash first since I've always digested it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment