Wednesday, September 28, 2011

OAT results back

I got my OAT results this morning. They kind of show what I was expecting..I think? The B6 is in the low range despite taking 100mg pyridoxine a day. Some other markers point to a deficiency. CoQ10 and NAC are also low. Something that shocked me was high Malic Acid..which points to exposure to the chemical found in plastics or in the air.
I wasn't expecting this marker to be on there. But it shows that my room is making me more ill, which really pisses me off. I want to move! But there is no where to go!

About a week ago I got too close to the cat. Actually it was the dog (who sleeps on the cat bed). I had him on my bed, patting him, face close to him etc.. I couldn't be bothered washing my doona cover for another 2 days, so there was cat/dog hair on the doona for 2 nights. The day I washed it, I started feel snuffly, sneezy, swollen glands. Then slowly a full blown purge came on and I still have it now. I sound/feel like I have a bad cold. I don't believe this happens from the cat! It also happened when I spent 2 nights and 2 days in a dusty environment. I was sick with cold-symptoms for 2 weeks just purging the dust out. There was a marker on the OAT that showed something about weakened respiratory tract. I forget what it was though. I sent it to the oxalate lady Susan for analysis. Can't wait for her feedback... I am still coughing now from the cat. My room/this house makes it worse.. I was just at the beach and library and coughed maybe twice, come home and I'm in coughing fits again. Woke up with chest tightness again this morning. Did I mention I really hate this house?

I'm doing an assignment on Dr. Edward Bach, the man who founded the Bach flower remedies. I'm going to get some flower remedies that I think will help with my own illness, to help with the emotional roller coaster it's sending me on.

There is a rice bread that I'm thinking of trying out. I ate it before GAPS. I don't think I digested starches well before GAPS, but it's even worse now. It's like my body has 'forgotten'. But I got another headache from fat today. It makes me feel like crap. My gut is extremely bloated and stodgy. Probably full of crystals.

4 comments:

  1. hi. my name is caroline lunger. i am 17 years old and just staring that GAPS diet. i have a incredible long list of allergies and am constantly getting sick. Starlene Stewart on yahoo GAPS group said i should try to connect with you because you did GAPs diet. I am fairly new to it all and nobody my age undrstands, and i am so glad to find someone my own age who also does GAPS. :) I I would love some advice. I also saw you are interested in naturopathy, this is really neat because i am too! i want to be a naturopathic nutritionist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline,
    Yes I started GAPS when I was 18 (20 now). It is hard, but most of the time people don't care about what you eat. Just say 'I have allergies' and they understand ;-)
    I study Naturopathy and it's a great course. By doing GAPS you are already learning a tonne about the human body and you'll find you know so much even before studying!
    If I had any advice for you it would be to start a B-complex vitamin. Natural Factors High Potency B-complex 50mg from iherb.com is the one I use. GAPS can be a very high protein diet, and that can deplete these vitamins (which is what happened to me). It's a safe vitamin, the body flushes what it doesn't use.
    Also don't be afraid of constantly adding and trying new foods.
    What are your allergies? Food and environmental?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for this advice! :) i am allergic to eggs, soy, wheat, dairy, latex, peanuts, dust, ragweed, bitch, grass, candida, mold. i take sublingual allergy drops, though i think i have to heal the gut lining to really get rid of these allergies. i am really scared to try egg or dairy but i think once i am on GAPS for some time i will know when the time is right! where do you study NAturopathy? i want to go to BASTYR in seattle. have you eve heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Western Australia, so I study in a small college in Perth city. Have not heard of Bastyr, and the only thing I know about Seattle is how rainy it is and Grey's Anatomy is set there lol!
    What are your allergic reactions like? At least most of your allergies are things we shouldn't eat anyway- and no doubt you will overcome the environmentals with GAPS.

    ReplyDelete