Monday, August 29, 2011

Well I just ate rice for the first time in almost 2 years. It feels like there is a brick sitting in my gut and it's distended & bloated. Hmm to prepare myself for the rice this is what I did-

  • last night I put 1 cup in a bowl with de-chlorinated water and 2 T of lemon juice
  • this morning I rinsed it, put it in a saucepan with 2 slices of ginger and a few leaves of rosemary, and used the absorption method to cook it
  • I ate it with 50g organic beef mince, 2 T organic tallow, sea salt, a few slices of swede and turnip, 2 T of turnip/lemon kraut juice, all my usual supps + 2 trienza enzymes caps
It is VERY hard to say if this uncomfortable feeling is partly caused by dumping. My head is getting fuzzy and last night I was dumping too. I'm also incredibly grumpy.
Who knows... maybe I just need to get use to the rice. That sounds dumb.

I can't help but feel within myself, that I don't need to eat this much meat. I crave fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. My body doesn't seem to want that though. I can't believe after 2 years on GAPS I am saying this. I feel like a sinner! Of course I will still eat protein every day in the form of animal flesh. Just less.. only 50-100g less. 

When I was eating I was thinking 'food combining wouldn't allow this'. Starch and protein? Woops. Is food combining even legit? Don't monks eat twice a day with meat and rice at every meal? 

Anyway, I'm getting my eyebrows threaded today.

No comments:

Post a Comment